Have you ever wanted to do projects “the right way”, but the drafting department standards and practices were set up by someone in 1976? All of the technology in the field has changed. Engineering techniques are changing daily. Shouldn’t drafting department procedures recognize that it is 2008? Structural Modeling & Analysis is a small structural engineering company located in Midtown, Kansas City, Missouri. We are a growing company dedicated to staying on the cutting edge in regard to structural engineering practices, design techniques and standards. We provide our clients the highest quality of work. Utilizing the latest software, techniques, and training, our standard is to send out complete, constructible drawings, on time, every time. We use Revit Structure. We are looking for a motivated, organized drafting department head. This person will be responsible for establishing the drafting department and developing the standards that will be in force going forward. Now you can set it up to run as smoothly as you’ve always hoped.
Position information and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
JOB TITLE: Drafting Department Head
LOCATION: Kansas City, Missouri
EXPERIENCE: Revit Structure and at least four years of experience with AutoCAD.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
We are looking for an experienced Drafting Supervisor who has a minimum of:
• Five years drafting experience.
• Experience preparing Revit Structure and AutoCAD structural drawings using structural steel, reinforced concrete and masonry. Knowledge of wood and light gage metal is a plus.
• Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other design disciplines.
• Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Skills we are looking for include:
• Capable of training and coaching employees.
• Strong knowledge of drafting processes and procedures.
• Strong math aptitude and computer skills.
• Good use of English language for written and verbal communications.
• Excellent problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Duties in this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise the day to day work of the drafting department in an efficient manner.
• Lead the department in developing and maintaining drafting standards.
• Coordinate with Engineering to continuously improve the constructability of Structural Modeling & Analysis’ design.
• Evaluate, train, and develop department personnel.
• Design layout and detailed documents.
• Support design efforts with timely and accurate completion of contract drawings.
• Participate in project meetings and design reviews.
• Provide input on hardware acquisitions
• Review fabricator and supporting drafting personnel drawings for conformance to design specifications and standards.
• Provide scheduling input, hour and material estimates, drawing/document control and other coordination to fulfill contract requirements.
• Interact with project team members to transmit drawings or related material.
We offer a progressive atmosphere and a full benefits package including:
• Great compensation, commiserate with experience/ability
• Flexible scheduling
• Company provided laptop and express card
• SIMPLE IRA plan with matching contribution (up to 3.0%)
• Vacation, flex holidays(employee directed), and paid time off
• Medical insurance with subsidized health savings account
• Tuition and book reimbursement
For consideration, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Structural Modeling & Analysis
4741 Central, #515
Kansas City, Missouri 64112
Structural Modeling & Analysis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.