Dear Revit Structure users,
I would like to inform you that we have just released the English version of Web Update 1 of Revit Structure 2009 (Build 20080602_1900) for users to download. The new build can be found under the Revit Structure 2009 English product download page:
P.S. The other languages version of Web Update 1 will be available in the next couple of weeks only as we are still working on it.
This new build has improved several Structure, Platform and API specific issues which are documented in the Web Update Enhancement List (pdf). In any case, I am including and copying/pasting the list in this blog for you as well:
Web Update Enhancement List
Improvements made in Web Update 1 build (20080602_1900):
· Improves stability during upgrade when line-based and structural framing families with geometry containing planes are almost parallel to the X axis.
· Floor slab thickness at cantilever of metal deck profile bound to layer above is now correct.
· Reduces the recurrence of getting “circular chain of references” error messages when braces are used as the top and bottom chords of an API assembled truss.
· Improves joist girder families and tags.
· Improves the fidelity of printing and exporting of hidden lines shown in structural and MEP views.
· Section cut through joined beams at a column will now display properly in the beams cross-section.
· Line pattern of a level type for the default metric structural templates is now changed to "Center" from "Solid".
· Elevation value of Level 1 in structural metric templates no longer displays as "-0".
· Some pre-loaded UK metal deck profiles have been renamed with manufacturer product names in the Structural Analysis-DefaultGBRENU.rte.
· Restores some structural components in SouthAsiaLibrary content bundle.
· Improves the plotting consistency of certain components that are placed over hatched elements in coordination and architectural discipline views.
· Spot elevation with Display Elevation = Top & Bottom Elevation will now report the correct bottom elevation for sloped elements.
· In plan view with medium or fine detail level, spot elevations now report the correct top or bottom elevation of a beam that is joined to a column.
· Improves stability when changing the visibility of a link in a view template.
· Improves stability when exporting to CAD formats.
· Improves stability when closing SteeringWheels.
· Improves stability when adding elements to a group.
· Families that contain arrayed voids will now function properly in the project.
· Improves stability for users with non-English operating systems when using the Open/Save dialog.
· Notes created in Revit for a DWF markup object will now propagate to the DWF after selecting publish.
· Corrects “Unable to Start” error when starting the application.
· Model lines now remain in the correct design option when split.
· Structural columns will now have a higher priority when joined to non-bearing and shear walls.
· For sweeps on an arc wall, you now have the option to change sweep returns.
· When rendering, the progress bar reports correct percent complete.
· Lights that were in a light group that was deleted are no longer controlled by the deleted light group; instead they are controlled by the Ungrouped Lights status.
· Improves the ability to enter custom DPI value in the Render dialog.
· Enabling daylight portals will now affect the rendered appearance.
· Spotting on interior renderings with many internal light sources no longer occurs.
· Parameter binding performance has been improved.
· The JoinType method has been implemented for the LocationCurve of structural members.
· Mullion LocationCurves are now accessible through the API.
· External programs may now suppress VSTA startup warning messages.
· The built-in parameter MATERIAL_PARAM_TRANSPARENCY now returns the correct set value.