The Autodesk University 2009 YouTube Contest
The Autodesk University 2009 YouTube Contest is your chance to win one of (3) Three AU 2009 Las Vegas 3-Day, All-Inclusive Passes (Includes conference, classes and hands-on labs, hotel, meals, and social events).
HOW TO ENTER:
Create and upload a Video Response to the YouTube Video Reasons to Attend Autodesk University. In your video, tell us why you want to attend AU 2009 Las Vegas.
On October 12th, 2009 the (5) Five top viewed Video Responses will be posted to AU's Facebook Fan Page. AU Facebook Fans will then vote for their favorite videos by utilizing the "Like" action.
On October 16th, 2009 the individuals with the (3) Three highest number of "Likes" will be declared the winners. Each winning contestant will receive an AU 2009 Las Vegas 3-Day, All-Inclusive Pass.
The more creative and entertaining your entry, the more likely you are to win! Please read the Official Rules section below for additional details and eligibility requriements. To vote for your favorite video submissions be sure to become a Fan of AU on Facebook. Follow AU on Twitter for real time updates and contest announcements.
1. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. In accordance and compliance with these Official Contest Rules ("Rules"), this contest (“Contest”) is open to individuals who are legal residents of the United States and Canada, including Hawaii and Alaska, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, but excluding Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, and the Province of Quebec; and who register for and submit entries between August 26, 2009 and October 12, 2009. Employees of Autodesk, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Autodesk Canada Co., their partners, their suppliers and respective advertising and promotional agencies, members of their household, and their immediate family members are not eligible for this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of winner. U.S. and California law govern this contest.
2. ENTRY: The AU 2009 Las Vegas YouTube Contest begins at 10:30AM Pacific (U.S.) on August 26, 2009 and ends at 12:00AM Pacific Time (U.S.) on October 16, 2009. To enter the Contest, record and upload a video response to the AU YouTube Channel Video, “Reasons to Attend Autodesk University” . All entries must be submitted via YouTube using the “Video Response” feature on the above noted web page. Submitting a video as noted above constitutes acknowledgement that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the Contest as described in these Rules. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. MULTIPLE ENTRIES MAY DISQUALIFY ALL YOUR ENTRIES. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED, AND THE COMPLETED ENTRY VIDEO SHALL BE THE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or mutilated entries or other errors, regardless of cause. Entries are deemed made upon their acceptance by authorized Sponsor personnel. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any video entries that are deemed to be unsuitable or that violate YouTube’s posted community guidelines: http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines . All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned to entrant. An eligible entrant must enter via the method described above. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with the Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, and promotion agencies are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, human error, or technical malfunctions, related to or resulting from any materials in this drawing or any other error or malfunction. Any liability of the above persons for any special, incidental, or consequential damages howsoever caused whether in statute, contract, or in tort arising out of this Contest is expressly disclaimed by you and excluded. Entrant further agrees that any and all claims, disputes or actions arising out of or connected with this contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to class action, exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Marin County, California. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void.
3. WINNER’S SELECTION: The winning Prizes entries will be selected as follows:
Winners Announced October 16, 2009: The (5) Five top viewed video submissions as of 12PM Pacific Time on October 12, 2009 will be posted to the AU Facebook Fan Page. http://www.autodesk.com/au_facebook AU Facebook Fans will vote for their favorite video using the “Like” function. The individuals who have submitted the three videos receiving the highest number of “Likes” by 12AM Pacific Time on October 16, 2009 will be declared the winners.
The Prize winners will be selected on the dates noted above and the prizes will be awarded. Winners need not be present to win. The winners will be notified via YouTube message and Facebook Fan Page Wall Post within two (2) days of selection. Sponsor will oversee all submitted entries and shall make final decisions as to eligibility of entries. It is Autodesk policy to assist government employees in meeting their obligations under their Standards of Ethical Conduct and that any gift received or won in violation of those rules should be returned at Autodesk’s expense or destroyed.
4. PRIZES: The Prizes for the Contest consists of the following: One (1) AU 2009 Las Vegas 3-Day, All-Inclusive Pass (Includes conference, classes and hands-on labs, hotel, meals, and social events. Check in Monday, November 30, 2009. Check out Friday, December 4, 2009). Sponsors will award one prize to 3 individual winners. Unless otherwise noted herein, no substitution or transfer of prize or cash equivalent is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize is not available. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in the disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winner agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Autodesk, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and advertising agencies from and against any/all loss/injury/damages now and in the future as a result of acceptance, use/misuse of any prize and/or participation in this Contest.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Rules and by the decisions and selections of the Sponsor, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Contest. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants further grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name and state of residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies to use winner's name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. CONDUCT: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the game; to be acting in violation of the Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Entries may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Autodesk, Inc., in the event that any attempt is made to subvert the letter and/or spirit of the Rules of this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Decisions and selections made by Sponsor are final and binding with respect to this contest. Taxes, custom duties, fees and other expenses in connection with the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or other tampering with this promotion, or technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right to void any suspect entries and/or to modify or terminate this contest in whole or in part at any time without notice. CONTEST INFORMATION/PRIVACY: BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST ENTRANTS CONSENT AND GIVE SPONSOR THE RIGHT TO REPRODUCE, DISTRIBUTE, LICENSE, SELL, MARKET, AND OTHERWISE USE ALL INFORMATION, INCLUDING INFORMATION ON ENTRANTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE REGISTRATION, FOR MARKETING PURPOSES OR ANY OTHER PURPOSES NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW. Entrants who opt to join the Sponsor's electronic mailing list agree to be contacted by email by Sponsor.
8. WINNER'S LIST: The name of the prize winners may be obtained after October 16, 2009 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: John Kraft, Autodesk, Inc., 111 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael, CA 94903. All requests must be received by October 30, 2009.
9. SPONSOR: Autodesk, Inc. is the Sponsor of this Contest and is located at 111 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael, California 94903.