Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Worksharing over the WAN

In this economy, I am not sure if I am a BIM Manager or a Procurement Officer will all the cold sales calls I have been receiving from software and hardware vendors. But occassionally I get contacted from someone that has a product worth investigating.

I don't think I am in an unusual situation where I am supporting multiple projects that are working over the WAN. The biggest drawback to working over the WAN is the file latency issues when Saving to Central. Riverbed's have been the primary tool to combat the latency issue but another company Globalscape.com claims to have a product that makes working over the WAN better.

I have not used the product and we are just starting the process to look into this solution, so I thought I would share it with everyone. If you have used the product and have done your internal duedilagence and benchmarking and would like to share, please do so.

Link to a marketing video

No comments:

Is anyone using Deep Space for analytics? https://www.deepspacesync.com/